Sunday, November 14, 2010

Edit: I just re-read this and realized it sounds like I'm talking about some person in specific. I don't think anyone even reads this, so it probably doesn't matter, but just in case, I should have prefaced that this isn't directed to anyone. It's moreso about global issues rather than any one person.

I'm trying to figure out words for this, but I can't really. I get so frustrated with people, and I'm a stewer. I stew. And stew. And stew some more, until I've blown the issue at hand way out of proportion.

I usually get my thoughts sorted out by writing them into words, so it's unbelievably frustrating when I can't find the words to say! Constructive words, that is. I could just say that I don't like you, I don't have anything nice to say about you, we have nothing in common, and my tolerance for your snotty, rude, and judgmental demeanor has run its course.

But for every finger I point at you, I can just as validly point it back at me. Maybe that's why you bug me so much.

I guess it also points to another issue. I know that I am not obligated to like everyone, nor is everyone required to like me. I can accept that. What I have trouble swallowing is fakeness. Not being genuine about how you feel. Again, that probably annoys me because I spend so much of my time isolating myself from other people and hiding how I truly feel.

Ugh, Freud would call this transference. But Freud was a nutcase. Must be what happens when you feed from your daughter's breast milk. True story.  

2 comments:

Robyn said...

So glad you signed up for my blog, because it meant I couldn't lose your blog address for the 7 billionth time. I really think that "I don't like you" is as constructive as it gets sometime.

Jené said...

You're totally right. Sometimes you just need to accept it and walk away. situation.

Post a Comment

Map