For the past two weekends, I've powered through the writing of two papers. While I know I could have done better, I just didn't care to put the extra effort in. I'm just done. Plus, I'm doing well in all other aspects of my courses, so I can afford to slack a bit on some components.
I have four more exams and one more assignment to do, and this semester will be finished. Maybe it's not wise to already be looking ahead to next semester, but I am nonetheless. Winter 2011 is going to be awesome. I only have three classes, two of which are intro-level. And each class I am actually excited to take. CMMB 431 - Bacterial Pathogens, ASTR 209 - Introduction to the Cosmos, and GLGY 209 - Introduction to Geology, or "rocks for jocks" as it's affectionately referred to.
The best part?
As far as I know, I only have one more paper to write in my undergraduate career. Rejoice!
I have an interview for selection in the Medical Lab Technology program. It's scheduled for after my first final exam. I will be relieved to finally graduate with my degrees, and while going back to school for another program (which doesn't even require a degree as a prerequisite) may seem tedious and somewhat backwards, I am really confident that this is what I want to do - after considering employment opportunities, life goals, career goals, and what I'd ultimately be satisfied and proud of doing. Hopefully all goes well and I can get on with my life and get into a career within a couple of years. There are bills to pay, babies to be had, etc...
I downloaded my very first ebook last night. I guess I'm getting too lazy to read. But it's quite convenient, being able to listen while doing housework or walking to school. It also makes the more-difficult-to-read books a bit easier to digest. C. S. Lewis is brilliant but verbose, and his writing is clearly from a different time.
I've made a good head start on my Christmas shopping. Lots of online purchases this year, actually. Thankfully (and very unexpectedly!), we both received student peer assistance bursaries for next semester. I'm not too sure how we would have otherwise made ends meet until May, when Evan will hopefully be starting a new job. Sometimes, it pays to be poor as dirt.
We're going to Kamloops for Christmas. Funny, I was going to type, "We are going home for Christmas," but Kamloops isn't really home anymore. It hasn't been for awhile. Flying would have been way too expensive, so we are Greyhounding it. Through the Rockies. Rogers Pass. In the middle of winter. 10 hour bus ride. Am terrified. Which reminds me, I need to go to the doctor and beg for some anti-anxiety meds. I've never taken anything like that, but remembering how our last trip on the bus was, I'm willing to ask for a little biochemical assistance this time.
Have you ever eaten something you know you shouldn't have, but there was no other option and you were really hungry, so you did it anyways? Yeah, I'm there. Not feeling too hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment